River House provides a multitude of volunteer opportunities for residents of Greenwich, Stamford, Rye and the surrounding areas. Volunteers can select one-time events or commit to longer range programs. The program thrives on a wide range of talents and skill sets including artistic and recreational talent, administrative support, communication skills, community outreach, events organizing and the capacity to care. If you are interested in volunteering at River House in any capacity, please email info@theRiverHouse.org.
River House is a unique organization because it depends heavily on Greenwich area volunteers and contributions. It is a relatively small organization with a very happy atmosphere. Click here to see the different ways you can volunteer here!
Artistic and Recreational:
- Program assistance: working with trained specialists in recreational therapy, horticultural therapy, art, music and games. Everything from trivial pursuits to golf is offered at River House!
- Accompany staff and clients on outings.
- Performances: music, drama, or reading.
- Creating bulletin boards for seniors and caregivers weekly and/or monthly.
- Assistance with mass mailings from time to time.
- Serving Lunch at 12:00 every day including Saturday.
- Letter writing: Volunteers may help clients write holiday greetings or letters to loved ones as required.
- Visiting: Seniors are a wealth of information and fun. Volunteers may choose to come and be company for someone who can share something special about life and Greenwich with them.
- Deliver brochures to doctors’ offices.
- Deliver presentations on River House to groups within the community.
Special Events and Fund Raising:
- Assisting subcommittees for the Annual Benefits, Garden Party and Rollin’ on the River.
- Assist the Development Committee as needs require.
- Assist staff or Board host workshops, seminars or special events.
Note: Most Seniors leave the facility by 4:00 Monday to Saturday.